The 70’s are back in fashion ? Here is a super fluffy and light chocolate mousse ;-)
Ingredients for 4 to 5 servings :
125g dark cooking chocolate
1tbsp cocoa powder (Good quality dark cocoa)
50ml light coffee
8 egg whites
75g granulated sugar
1. Separate the eggs and leave the whites to come to room temperature whilst you prepare the rest
2. Make the coffee (light-ish coffee rather than espresso !)
3. Mix the cocoa powder into the coffee until smooth
4. Add the chocolate pieces to the coffee and gently heat to melt the chocolate. Whisk constantly until you get a smooth, shiny mix.
5. Leave the mix to cool down until luke-warm. Whilst the mix is cooling, beat the whites into soft peaks.
6. Whisk the sugar into the whites
7. Gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mix with a spatula
8. Pour into individual serving dishes and cool in the fridge for a minimum of 5 to 6 hours before serving